Monday, April 21, 2008

Must-Have Mondays: Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior, Dior mascara, Dior Diorshow, Dior Diorshow Mascara, mascara, makeup, Dior makeup, eye makeup, Dior eye makeup
I tend to be disappointed by cult beauty products. They just never seem to live up to the hype. With the exception of my recent fascination with Smith's Rosebud Salve, my experience with the products everyone knows and loves just doesn't seem to be as profound as theirs seem to be. But then I decided to try Dior Diorshow Mascara, and immediately my life changed.

Yes, I know this verges on the dramatic. But seriously ... this mascara is every bit worth the hype and excitement it's garnered over the last year. Now, let me begin by saying that I am one of the followers of Maybelline Great Lash. Yes, I know not everyone loves it -- in fact, many people despise it. But it's always done the job for this beauty chick, so I haven't felt the need to explore my other options. And plunking down a ton of money for a single tube of mascara seemed not only ridiculous but highly unlikely.

But you know how it is ... you're browsing the many aisles at Sephora, and one by one the items start stacking up in your arms until you're staggering under their weight, and then you think, "Well, what's just one more product?" Such is how I found myself purchasing Diorshow Waterproof Mascara in Black 90 one recent Wednesday afternoon.

I was enamored of the tube, which is quite substantial and holds a mega-wattage brush coated with the often-lusted-after formula. Could this really make me a believer?, I wondered as I began swiping the brush across my lashes. Well, let me tell you something -- I immediately saw the value of this tube. It separated, it lengthened, it curled, it brushed ... and best of all, I didn't even need to comb out any excess or get rid of any clumps! It immediately adhered to my lashes and made them look so amazing in just one coat, my friend David (who was vacationing with me at the time) literally said "Wow!"

I am now a true believer in the amazingness of Diorshow. A mascara that truly lives up to the hype? Well, that's most definitely a must have.

Dior Diorshow Mascara retails for $25 at sephora.com.

2 comments:

  1. NICE!
    LOL!
    Years ago I tried the pink and green tube for my kit...HATED IT!!

    I have ALWAYS BEEN a HUGE FAN of the Dior mascaras!
    I AGREE!
    WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

    ~Mikiye
    www.mikiyecreations.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, girlfriend! Onetime for the pink and green tube! You really have me thinkin' about copin' the Diorshow....everyone is always talking about it and I guess I need to stop bein' a cheap ole' lady and snag it.

    ReplyDelete